SPG Moments can be a fabulous use of points if you have some Starwood or Marriott points burning a hole in your pocket. Unlike Citi Private Pass which Ben reviewed yesterday. Beyond just being able to use hotel points for experiences, they are often unique opportunities you cannot pay for even if you wanted to. With that in mind I wanted to highlight three really cool and interesting SPG Moments I came across this week.
Best SPG Moments
Westin Nanea Ocean Villas Grand Opening VIP Experience
Located on 16 acres of Maui’s Kā‘anapali Beach, the Westin Nanea is Starwood’s newest property about to open. This package isn’t cheap but if you can win the bidding it could be a tremendous use of points.
Bidding at the time of writing is 151,000 points with the auction set to end on March 24th. According to SPG Moments the package includes (bolding mine):
- Five (5) nights for up to six (6) people in a three-bedroom oceanfront villa
- One Jeep Rental car through Avis for six (6) days
- Cultural welcome by Director of Culture with a welcome gift
- Custom lei ceremony
- In-villa private dinner with custom menu designed for guests by Executive Chef, Ikaika Manaku, with Hawaiian influence for six (6) guests
- Signature Nanea Spa treatment in villa for six (6) guests
- Unlimited access to on-site cultural activities
- Daily poolside bungalow for up to six (6) guests with personalized daily refreshments
- Private sunrise outrigger canoe paddle for six (6) guests
- 50,000 Starpoints are included and to be used towards booking airfare on SPG Flights
This package is pretty crazy with the value it can provide! A 3 bedroom villa is currently going for $1,580 a night including taxes and fees, and to reserve a standard room with points would be 80,000-100,000 SPG points for 5 nights. This gives you a 3 bedroom villa, 50k SPG points, spa treatments for 6 people, in-villa private dinner, etc., etc.
Now keep in mind this is an auction so who knows what the final bid will be. And you may need to arrange travel on short notice. Plus, it’s a new property so parts of it may still be under construction. But, this is definitely one SPG moments to keep on your radar. I value this package at easily $10,000! When considering best SPG moments this certainly has some merit if you can win. Go here to bid!
Enjoy a weekend of country music at the ACM Awards
For any country music fans this is a really cool package for Vegas! The Academy of Country Music Awards are Sunday, April 2nd in Las Vegas, and depending on the package you want to buy, includes the following for 60,000 SPG points:
- Two (2) Gold tickets to the ACM Awards at T-Mobile Arena on Sunday, 2 April 2017
- Access for (2) for a VIP ACM Awards Red Carpet viewing experience on Sunday, 2 April 2017
- Two (2) tickets to the two-day (2-day) ACM Party for a Cause: WME Bash at the Beach on Friday, March 31st and Saturday, April 1st 2017
You will still need to get your own hotel and transportation of course, but this is intriguing for a country music lover. And of course there is always the Westin Las Vegas if you have more SPG points to spend! There are also packages for 40,000 points available with the same features except no red carpet viewing experience.
For the package including the red carpet viewing experience for 60,000 points go here. For the package without red carpet viewing for 40,000 go here. Packages are limited so don’t wait if you’re interested!
Attend a live taping of The Rachael Ray Show and get behind-the-scenes tour
This SPG moment wouldn’t be my particular favorite foodie SPG moment but could be really fun for any lovers of Rachael Ray! SPG currently has a few different package options for the Rachael Ray show, from just tickets, to autographed cookbooks, behind the scene tours, and even a meet and greet to get a photo with Rachael. Some packages are already sold out but a few remain.
Additional Best SPG Moments
The above are just a small sampling of some of the best SPG moments that caught my eye. A few additional ones:
- “Glamping” at Coachella in pretty cool looking safari tents, including 2 tickets to Coachella. Bids currently starting at 70,000 points depending on the safari tent.
- Throwing out the first pitch at a Chicago Cubs game. Bid currently 51,000 points.
- VIP experience at a New York Rangers game to watch warm-ups from the penalty box, have your child ride the Zamboni during an intermission, and an on ice photo after the game. Bid currently at 35,000 points.
The above are just a sampling of what I consider to be the best SPG moments right now. Always keep an eye on your inbox or pop over to the SPG Moments site to see additional experiences you can use with your Starwood points.